Click on any of the application examples listed below to learn more...
- Analysis of extra-cellular biomineralization with the NanoSIMS 50
- Zircon Dating with the IMS 1280-HR
- Monazite Dating with EPMA
- Rare Earth Element Analysis with the IMS 7f-GEO
- Quantitative analysis of pyroxene at high spatial resolution with FEG-EPMA
- Zoned Mineral Analysis with EPMA
- Analysis of carbon isotopes with the IMS 1280-HR
- Analysis of magnesium isotopes with the IMS 1280-HR
- Nuclear Particle Analysis with the IMS 1280-HR
Our geoscience product line includes:
The SXFive (EPMA) for localized, precise elemental quantitation and mapping of mineral phases, between 100wt% and a few ppm. Widely used in mineralogy, petrography, geochronology (monazites) and cosmochemistry.
The SXFiveFE (FEG-EPMA) for high spatial resolution (sub-micron scale) x-ray mapping and quantitative analysis of minerals, trace and minor elements.
The IMS 7f-GEO: optimized for localized (0.5µm-50µm) quantitation and mapping of isotopes and trace elements (down to ppb concentration level), as well as for stable isotope measurements (H, B, C, O, S,..) and REE analysis.
The NanoSIMS: offering a seven-mass multicollection together with 50nm resolution, it is used for isotopic or elemental analysis and mapping of sub-micron features.
The IMS 1280-HR which provides the highest transmission (=sensitivity) at high mass resolution along with multicollection. It ensures precision & reproducibility at the level of tenth of permil, from small area measurements (5-50µm). The ultimate tool for the analysis of stable isotopes, trace elements (light and Rare Earth Elements) and for geochronology (U, Th, Pb).